(There was no blog update bc we’ve had a 2 week trip. Partial work partial family. We had a great time and were totally blessed!)
Jesus Never Fails
I’ve been needing to hear these words lately.
We are in a very good season. Everyone is healthy. The kids are doing well. School is good. Life is good. We have been incredibly blessed …
BUT OH MY WORD IS LIFE CRAZY!
And I am totally aware we have made decisions that add stress.
– we have 4 kids. 3 of whom are 5 and under. That’s just hard.
– we homeschool. If anyone ever says homeschooling is a breeze they aren’t really doing it. It’s hard! Good but hard.
– we really try to limit tv/screen time. That means a dirty house bc the kids are busy playing.
– we use cloth diapers – and yes I still have 2 in diapers. Not a huge thing but it does mean extra laundry (especially bc I don’t always get to change Ali until she’s really wet and then her pants need to be washed as well)
– I puree some of Natty’s food. (only to help with the grocery budget not bc I’m a health nut – I’m not 😉 ) Again, not a huge thing but it does take time and energy and makes my kitchen a mess.
There are days I don’t stop until quiet time. I go from kid to kid to kid, thing to kid, kid to thing… wet diaper, make a snack, clean up, read, school, laundry, wet diaper, lunch, school, … And then it’s dinner time… And then it’s bedtime…
The desire and higher brain function to study is at an all-time low. Most days I feel empty, burnt out, stressed, just wanting to sleep and make it through the day.
I’m not saying this for pity. Again, I have been very very blessed and I know we have made decisions that are making life even more stressful. I am doing this to myself! I’m just acknowledging we are in a very good but hard season.
And there are so many times I feel like I have failed.
– I blew up at the kids again
– I lost it with Bry
– My house is a mess again
– There are dirty dishes in my sink still
– What happened to my Bible again??? (Thank the Lord for memorizing Scripture in those moments!)
Well, I actually had some time to myself this afternoon and in the quiet of journaling/praying and memorizing this song came to mind:
Jesus never fails. You might as well get thee behind me satan, you cannot prevail. Bc Jesus never fails.
It’s not about me! It’s not about what I can or cannot do, or have and haven’t done.
I don’t have to do it all
I don’t have to be it all
I will fail
I have failed
But it’s ok bc Jesus Never Fails
It’s not about me. It’s all about God. And my amazing Savior who never fails.